Your Pet's Wellness has an immediate need for an experienced, organized, and personable Practice Manager to join our team!
Your Pet's Wellness was established in 2011 and has quickly grown to include two locations - one in Bucktown and one in Logan Square - both of which are in hip and trendy areas of Chicago. YPW was created to offer a more unique experience to the veterinary client, striving to combine the best in communication and state of the art medicine. With this in mind, our staff is cross trained through all areas of the hospital, from reception to back of house. With our rapid growth, we are looking for a candidate who can help facilitate organization and communication throughout both locations.
Essential Responsibilities & Duties
We are looking for a person with strong leadership skills, management experience, and ability to multi-task. The ideal candidate possesses the ability to self-motivate, handle high stress situations, and maintain focus and coordination of team members. This person must also be able to effectively communicate to both clients and staff members.
Main responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Partnering with the doctor team, medical care staff, Patient Care Coordinators and dog handlers to provide the highest level care for our patients and clients
- Ensure daily operational protocols and procedures are being executed to YPW brand standards
- Coordinating Human Resources efforts and HR related issues
- Overseeing inventory management
- Managing staff schedule
- Managing customer relations
Education: Bachelor’s degree required. CVPM designation a plus.
Experience: 3-5 years management experience either within veterinary/human medicine, hospitality or client services industries
- United Healthcare PPO insurance
- PTO allowance
- Generously discounted pet services including veterinary care, grooming, daycare, boarding, and retail
- An environment which supports the work-life balance
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $60,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
Bachelor's Required experience:
management: 3 years
- 3-5 yrs of management experience in a small medical field (veterinary, dental hospital) - leading and supervising a team of individuals to both inspire and produce results
- Familiarity with small medical-based practice and its unique needs
- Experience conducting effective interviewing and demonstrate hiring success
- Abiltiy to demonstrate organization while multi-tasking
- Abiilty to effectively communicate with both clients and staff to de-escalate high stress situations and/or problem solve solutions
- Abilty to effectively draft written communications to clientele or staff
The goal of Your Pets Wellness is to provide quality, compassionate medicine with the best interest of your pet in mind. We work with you to tailor a health and wellness plan allowing your pet to live its best life, focusing on a pet’s diet, risk factors and overall happiness. How many times have you been rushed through a 15 minute appointment only to leave with a big bill and a general lack of un...derstanding of what was even done, and why, to your pet? We try to provide the time, education and communication our clients and their pets deserve while determining your pet’s actual needs. The professionals at YPW are continually researching and educating themselves on the latest techniques and approaches, while striving to create the very best client and patient experience. Your Pet's Wellness now offers two locations, with the Logan Square location offering boarding, doggie daycare, grooming, and retail in addition to a veterinary wellness clinic.