The Animal Hospital of Dauphin County (AHDC) has been providing for pets in the greater Harrisburg and Hershey area for over 50 years. We are currently seeking a full time Associate Veterinarian to offer urgent care hours to our growing client and referral base. Urgent care will consist of walk-ins and emergencies during evening, night, and weekend hours.
About the Hospital
AHDC is a progressive, full-spectrum small animal practice located near Harrisburg and Hershey, PA. We also see exotic pets on a limited basis based on veterinarian comfort/interest level. We are a team-motivated, client-centric practice with a strong focus on preventative medicine as well as a team approach to cases. Additionally, we are constantly growing our client base through flexibility and availability as well as a continually developing referral services program; which currently includes ultrasonography, cardiology, physical therapy, I-131, and advanced surgery. Our hospital offers both in-house and outside laboratory capabilities (Idexx), digital radiology, excellent surgical monitoring capabilities, and Cornerstone computer software used throughout the hospital. We also offer a competitive salary, benefits, and continuing education allowance.
· DVM or VMD degree from an accredited university
· Licensure in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
· At least 3 year of practice experience
· Accomplished surgical skills preferred
· Work with clients to deliver a consistent quality of medical care to our patients
· Communicate effectively with both clients and team members
· Communicate compassionately and effectively with clients. Present all treatment options and help clients make informed decisions based on the medical facts. Alternative treatment plans must be developed in cases with financial constraints. Always be sensitive to the emotional needs of the clients.
· Maintain complete and accurate medical records
· Work to understand the financial goals of the hospital.
· Help the practice owners and the medical director develop strategies to improve the productivity of the business.
· Work with the team in a collaborative and positive manner and provide leadership to the technical and client care staff
· Supervise and work closely with the veterinary technicians to provide excellent patient care. Develop training programs and continuing education to improve their job skills.
· Triage and diagnose/treat urgent care patients as the arise in a timely and effective manner while providing excellent patient care
· Help to develop the urgent care services of AHDC based on the needs of the hospital and the clients we serve.
· Be accessible and cooperative with the staff while maintaining an appropriate professional relationship with them.
· This position will be comprised of evening, night, and weekend shifts
The Animal Hospital of Dauphin County has been caring for pets in the greater Harrisburg and Hershey communities since 1962. We started out in a small, three-bedroom house (now home to our business offices). After several expansions, we now work in a 6,000 square-foot, fully equipped animal hospital. We focus on prevention and early detection of diseases, which allows for more effective treatment ...and a longer life for the pets that we care for. We update our testing methods and treatments through continuing education and by consulting with specialists in many disciplines.