Lafayette Animal Hospital in Lafayette, CA is seeking a Hospital Manager to join our practice.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated who wants to help us practice high level medicine in a busy 6 doctor practice. Lafayette Animal Hospital, an AAHA accredited practice has been serving the pet needs of the community since 1933.
We are a busy full service small animal practice with an amazing staff of 24 including 3 RVTs. Our team is committed to serving the needs of our community and its pets by practicing the best possible small animal medicine.
We offer: Benefits including 401K, Health Insurance, CE allowance
For more information, please visit: www.lafayetteanimalhosp.com.
ABOUT THE HOSPITAL
· Modern building with four exam rooms, one large centralized treatment area, surgery suite, large boarding area.
· Digital radiography
· Cardell BP Pulse Ox ECG monitors
· Idexx Catalyst and Procyte machines for rapid in house diagnostics.
· New state of the art Dentistry equipment including ultrasonic scaler, high and low speed handpieces and digital dental radiography.
· Flexible and rigid endoscopes for gastrointestinal, nasal, and oral endoscopic procedures.
· Color Doppler ultrasound unit
· Fully stocked in house pharmacy
· Serving primarily dogs and cats.
· Open at 7:00 AM for early morning drop offs and open Saturdays from 8:00-1:00 PM.
Board Certified Radiologist and Boarded Surgeon both available to come to the clinic. Cardiology, Neurology, Ophthalmology, Dermatology, Oncology, Medicine, and Emergency specialists nearby.
Lafayette, located in the heart of the East San Francisco Bay Area, offers a traditional small town environment in an upper middle class area with excellent schools. It is a wonderful place to live and an enriching place for families.
We are a dog friendly town with dogs welcome at many restaurants and shops as well as nearby dog parks and dog friendly trails.
Nearby San Francisco, just a 25 minute BART train ride or drive away, offers the West Coast’s best dining region in addition to a vibrant arts and theater scene and a wide variety of shopping opportunities.
The East Bay Area offers many great opportunities for recreation including hiking, trail running and mountain biking within 2 miles of the clinic. Wakeboarding, kiteboarding, and surfing are within a 30 minute drive, and skiing, hiking and back packing are available in the Lake Tahoe region 2 hours to the east.
VETERINARY HOSPITAL MANAGER
The Hospital Manager is a leader and an integral member of the veterinary hospital management team. The Hospital Manager partners with the Managing Veterinarian to provide a smooth and profitable operation by driving revenue and managing costs while creating a hospital culture based on high quality patient care and exceptional customer service. Responsibilities include managing, planning, and coordinating the overall operations of the hospital, and cultivating a supportive and collaborative team environment.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Planning
- Acts as a champion for change and identifies, documents, shares, and promotes best practices.
- Participates in the planning and budget maintenance process.
- Establishes goals for the practice and staff.
- Creates the hospital schedule and manages labor costs to budget.
- Oversees employee benefits program and hospital insurance plans.
- Develops and implements hospital policy, including DEA/Controlled Substances and OSHA compliance.
- Performs quality checks and reviews of client files.
- Monitors computer systems and works with HelpDesk to resolve technical systems/equipment issues.
- Partners with the Managing Veterinarian to address staffing needs including hiring, training, reviewing, and disciplining of staff.
- Implements performance-based incentive and rewards and recognition programs.
- Manages staff, including grooming and boarding staff if applicable.
- Tracks and maintains current licensure for all DVMs.
- Demonstrates and reinforces the highest level of client service
- Resolves client issues and escalations, and oversees client follow-up communication.
- Drives client visits through strategic client communication and local marketing efforts (i.e. Community).
- Ensures payroll is accurately completed and submitted for all hospital staff.
- Manages accounts receivable and cash on hand, including performing invoice audit reviews.
- Manages hospital inventory and controls facility and administrative costs.
- Performs other duties essential to the performance of the hospital as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related degree is preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience in a manager role, including customer service experience.
- Experience in a hospital setting in positions of increased responsibility is a plus.
Knowledge and/or experience in the following areas:
- Multi-functional operations including budget and labor management.
- Manage time and tasks appropriately and remain flexible with assigned duties.
- Supervisory and leadership experience.
- Reporting and data analysis.
- Problem solving and resolution management skills.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Basic computer skills i.e. Microsoft Office suite (Previous practice management software knowledge preferred).
- Interpersonal skills with staff and clients, and works well in a team environment.
- Customer service strategies and effective marketing techniques.
- HR policies and protocol development.
- Staff management including: coaching, developing, and motivating staff.
- Conduct performance appraisals.
- Delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members.
- Make decisions confidently and effectively.
- Model a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients.
Equal Employment Opportunity
It is the policy of the company to afford equal opportunities to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, non-disqualifying disability or status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran.