Are you interested in joining a modern practice with a family feel that is located in the mountains of beautiful east Tennessee? Rocky Top Veterinary Hospital is looking to add a third full time veterinarian to our wonderful staff at our well-established small animal practice. We are approximately 90% canine/feline, while the other 10% of our patients are exotics. Exotic animal interest is not a must, but is a nice bonus for those who have interests! Our area offers the comforts of small town living that is just a short drive away from multiple cities (Knoxville, Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, Asheville, Johnson City, etc.) that offer a wide array of activities, outdoor adventures, dining, and entertainment. We are seeking a veterinarian who is skilled and efficient in performing routine small animal surgeries that also enjoys diagnosing and treating medical conditions in companion animals. Our spacious facility and ample in-house diagnostic capabilities and resources provide the right tools to practice medicine at the highest level. We pride ourselves on our excellent patient care, cleanliness and hospital appearance, great customer service, and having the most up to date equipment for quality medicine and surgery. Our ideal candidate is independent, personable, confident, and has well-developed time management and communication skills.
Please contact practice owner Dr. Matt Quillen at 423-823-2004 or send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes may also be sent via fax to 423-525-5340. We look forward to hearing about your interest in our practice and the possibility of you joining our Rocky Top family!
About Rocky Top Veterinary Hospital
A spacious facility with 3 large examination rooms
Dedicated euthanasia room
The most modern comprehensive in-house Idexx laboratory including Procyte, Catalyst, Cat One, VetLab UA, SediVue, SnapShot, Snap Pro, and more
Idexx digital X-ray system
K-Laser therapeutic laser
I Pads for each exam room for maximizing client education and understanding
Spacious surgical suite equipped with laser surgical unit, CryoProbe, full patient monitoring equipment, surgical suction, and Isoflurane anesthesia
Separate areas for treatments, recovery, intensive care, isolation, and grooming
Large intensive care unit with oxygen cage and temperature controls
Fully stocked in house pharmacy
Prescription dietary products including Purina and Royal Canin
Cornerstone medical record system
Spacious boarding kennel with fully separated areas for dogs and cats
Voted "People's Choice" winners in several categories in recent years including best veterinarian, best groomer, best boarding, and best pet supplies.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
A Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) or related degree from an accredited university
Licensure in good standing to practice in Tennessee
Commitment to practicing the highest quality of medicine and upholding veterinary ethics
Proficiency in performing routine small animal surgeries
Demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills
Works collaboratively with hospital team members
Makes decisions confidently and effectively
Manages time and tasks appropriately
Models a professional and courteous manner with staff and clients
Dedication to preventive health care and client education
Commitment to ongoing self-educational development and personal growth
About Rocky Top Veterinary Hospital
Rocky Top Veterinary Hospital is a well established practice in east Tennessee that specializes in the care of companion animals. Our caring and experienced staff works together on a daily basis to provide the highest quality of veterinary patient care. We are a family oriented practice that knows the importance of a work and personal life balance that is essential to the mental health and well being of our employees. We are actively involved in the community in which we live and work. We pride ourselves on the excellent patient care that we provide, as well as the personal relationships that we build with our clients and their families. We love what we do!