Co-Managing Veterinarian | Surrounding Philadelphia Area
Coventry Animal Hospital
Location: Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Type: Full Time
DVM or equivalent
Internal Number: 16791
Coventry Animal Hospital is looking for a Co-Managing Veterinarian to join their team!!
Coventry Animal Hospital has been serving the Pottstown community since 1947. It is one of the oldest continuously operating veterinary hospitals in the tri-county area. Coventry Animal Hospital offers the surrounding animal community comprehensive wellness exams, tailor-made vaccine protocols, in-house laboratory testing, radiology services, routine surgery services, and an intensive care ward for critical cases.
The Co-Managing Veterinarian is responsible for providing medical leadership for the hospital, managing associate veterinarians, assuring regulatory compliance relating to the practice of veterinary medicine, and directing staff.
The Co-Managing Veterinarian is also responsible for creating an environment of teamwork in which quality medicine is delivered. In partnership with the Hospital Manager, the Co-Managing Veterinarian is responsible for the hospital's financial performance, preparing operating and capital budgets, and meeting budget expectations.
Advancing Medical Care
• Oversees surgical and medical cases for all doctors, ensuring positive outcomes, accurate estimates, and client communication and education.
• Maintains and improves the quality of medical and surgical procedures.
• Answers client questions and concerns regarding medical and surgical procedures.
• Oversight and direction of medical standards and quality of care.
• Establishment of medical protocols.
• Recommendation of hospital inventory.
• Assure current licensure of all Veterinarians.
• Documents the required hours of continuing education credits per calendar year and CE completion.
• Oversees transfer of medical cases from doctor to doctor.
Leading Staff and Practice
• Participates in the recruiting and interviewing process for Veterinarians, and when appropriate general staff members.
• Monitors Veterinarian performance and production.
• Prepares Veterinarian work schedules.
• Develops and monitors hospital-specific client compliance protocols and procedures.
• Participates in technician appraisal and counseling sessions by relaying appropriate information to the Hospital Manager.
• Partners with the Hospital Manager to make hiring and termination recommendations.
• Trains all medical staff, including the mentoring of new graduates.
• Supports the Hospital Manager in the development and delivery of staff training programs.
• Creates a positive work environment and works with the Hospital Manager to resolve staff problems, concerns, and conflicts.
• In partnership with the Hospital Manager, develops a workplace conductive to high employee morale, ensuring positive working relationships between clients, doctors and staff.
• Minimizes waste and controls costs relating to medical supplies, surgical instruments, and drug inventories.
• Responsible for the financial performance of the hospital including revenue and hospital contribution growth, which includes managing all hospital expenses.
• With the hospital team and supported by the Divisional Leadership, prepares an annual planning matrix, operating budget, and capital budget.
• Takes ownership of the revenue and success of the practice by monitoring key financial reports.
Growing the Practice
• Partners with the Hospital Manager to drive patient visits and community involvement.
• Capable of championing change and driving innovative programs in the hospital.
• Monitors client service, marketing, and NVA growth initiatives
• In partnership with the Hospital Manager, continually looks for ways to innovate operational practices that improve the growth of the practice.
Skills and Basic Qualifications
• Candidate must be a graduate of an AVMA-accredited college or have successfully passed the ECFVG certification program or the PAVE certification program
• Licensure (or pending licensure) in good standing to practice in the state of Pennsylvania
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• A commitment to practicing the highest standard of medicine and upholding the veterinary code of ethics
• The ability to delegate responsibility and achieve results with hospital team members
• Capable of quality decision making
• The ability to coach, correct, develop, and motivate employees
• Demonstrates excellent time and task management
• Demonstrates professional and courteous presentation with staff and clients
About Pottstown, PA
Pottstown is located along the Schuylkill River and is part of both Chester and Montgomery counties. It is located approximately 40 miles northwest of Philadelphia. It is within driving distance of nearby major cities of New York, Baltimore, and Washington D.C. as well as the New Jersey coastline and beaches. Surrounding neighborhood communities are known for great schools, restaurants, breweries, and plenty of shopping. It is an ideal place to live and raise a family.
NVA is a leading global veterinary community of more than 1,400 veterinary hospitals and pet resorts united in the love of animals and the people who love them. Our animal care ecosystem spans the United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, and Singapore. Rooted in a culture of compassion, innovation and collaboration, NVA champions each hospital's unique culture and provides the support and opportunities veterinary teams need to deliver exceptional care to pets and their families.